Welcome to Shopping Mississauga

You can log in, add your company information for free and leave your comments and suggestions.

Just click the Home page, you can find how easy to publish your ads on Shopping Mississauga.

Member Login
Lost your password?

Generals Win Game 1

March 22, 2014

March 22, 2014 – Ontario Hockey League (OHL) Mississauga Steelheads

MISSISSAUGA, ON – After a rollercoaster ride that brought the Mississauga Steelheads to the Ontario Hockey League playoffs, the action was set to get underway on Friday night. The eighth-seeded Steelheads paid a visit to the top seed in the East, the Oshawa Generals in Game 1 of their quarterfinal series.

With Spencer Martin and Daniel Altshuller getting the start for their respective teams, Martin was the busier goaltender early on. Oshawa’s offensive pressure pushed the Steelheads to take a penalty early in the game, giving Oshawa an early chance to take the lead. Despite pressure by the Generals, it would be the Steelheads with the first great chance of the game as Andrew Goldberg stole a puck in the neutral zone and headed in on a breakaway. Unfortunately for Goldberg, he could beat Altshuller but not the crossbar. After a strong penalty kill by Mississauga, they found themselves with another good opportunity, this time as Josh Burnside and Nathan Bastian skated in on a 2-on-1 opportunity; unfortunately for the Trout they could not settle a bouncing puck down, negating the opportunity. Despite trailing in shots, Captain Brett Foy would find himself nearly breaking free on a great individual effort, however once again could not find the back of the net. With a late powerplay for the Generals, Mississauga again found themselves with a shorthanded opportunity as Goldberg and Burnside broke in on a 2-on-1; unfortunately the miss was the lesser of the Steelheads worries. Turning the puck back up ice, Oshawa’s Josh Sterk would find the back of the net to send the Generals into the dressing room with a lead.

The second period would open up with Oshawa still pushing forward on offense, despite an early Trout power play. After Cody Thompson and Jacob Busch dropped the gloves, a Mississauga infraction would send the Generals back to the power play, where they would once again find the back of the net, before the end of the period, Hunter Smith would get a tip on Alex Lepkowski’s point shot to make it 3-0 Generals through two frames.

Early in the third, Mississauga would be whistled for a high-stick, sending Oshawa’s power play unit back out. They would not disappoint, scoring their third PP marker of the day. The Generals would go on to score two more in the final frame, wrapping up Game 1 with a 6-0 victory.

The teams will return to action this Sunday evening as Mississauga and Oshawa meet in Game 2!

• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board
Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us

Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2014

  • Generals Win Game 1 – Mississauga Steelheads
  • Playoffs Open with OT Loss to Attack – Soo Greyhounds
  • Battalion Breaks Ice with 4-0 Victory – North Bay Battalion

The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.

Article source: http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4754872

No related posts.


Mississauga News

User Login